$19 an hour, 20-25 hours per week
The Case Manager provides advocacy and support services to current/former sex workers of all genders who are seeking support around issues related to mental health or substance use. This position carries out responsibilities with an understanding of the Agency’s policies, procedures and resources and in compliance with agency standards for performance, contracts and grants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Meets individually with participants to help participants identify personal goals, develop plans towards reaching those goals, and identify and navigate resources to support their process.
· Assesses participant needs, develops specific individualized treatment plans with participants and takes appropriate action to initiate care and services.
· Facilitates educational support groups and develops curricula including harm reduction, trauma & health and wellness.
· Provides consultation and linkages to medical, educational, social, pre-vocational, vocational, rehabilitative and other community services as needed for participants including public assistance, Medi-Cal/Covered California/Family PACT, support groups, housing, etc.
· Advocates on behalf of SJI participants to ensure fair and adequate treatment by government, medical, housing and other institutions accessed by participant.
· Document all information collected during sessions with participants into Avatar, medical chart and other required forms.
· Attend scheduled staff meetings & trainings within the agency and with CBHS.
· Attend supervision sessions as needed/requested, and prepare agenda (informal).
· Assistance with quality assurance and evaluation activities including providing programmatic support during clinic shifts and monitoring periods, and distributing and collecting satisfaction surveys.
· Participate in public speaking engagements and conferences, as available.
· Assist in distributing harm reduction supplies such as syringes, condoms, hygiene kits and referrals when in the office and as available.
- Answer phones during business hours and put all messages into appropriate staff in-boxes.
- Provide outreach and recruitment to sex worker communities to ensure that case load is full and that information about case management is reaching the communities most likely to benefit from it. This may include mailing and/or dropping off fliers, resource guides, to individuals and/or agencies that make request via mail or phone.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in or knowledge of the sex industry and occupational health and safety issues affecting Sex Workers
- Experience working with the following communities: people who use substances including injection drugs, people who have mental health issues, people who are living with HIV/AIDS, people who are homeless, people who are formerly incarcerated, people who are trans and/or gender non-conforming.
- Experience in providing counseling and/or case management services
- Cultural sensitivity and willingness to work with people of different backgrounds, experiences and abilities
- Willingness and proven ability to work cooperatively with other colleagues and community members
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility with schedule and activities
- Organized and able to handle a multi task environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, Avatar and excel desired
- Bilingual desired
Deadline to apply is May 17th, 2017 at 5pm.
Applicants must submit ALL required documents or you will NOT be considered.
Submit a cover letter that includes your experience working either within the Sex Industry or working with the sex worker community. In addition you must submit a job application and CV or Resume. Download the Application from our website.
Mail CV/Resume and volunteer application to: Attention Executive Director, St. James Infirmary 234 Eddy Street, San Francisco CA 94102
email to firstname.lastname@example.org