The Speakers Bureau Club (SBC) of St James Infirmary was formed on June 16, 2016, to establish a collaborative of sex worker peer-leaders, researchers, and presenters to represent the St James Infirmary’s mission of community outreach and educational support for community members, service providers, and universities on a range of topics;
- About St James & Services
- About the Bad Date List and User Guide
- Transgender 101 & Cultural Sensitivity
- Sex Worker Safety
- Sex Worker Self-care
- Money Magick and Financial Planning
- Basic Self- Defense and De-escalation
- Jail Support and Arrest
- Sex Work, Race, and Sex Trafficking
- Panel Discussion
- Community Needs Based Seminars (customized at request)
The SBC team collectively organizes, collects research data, customize workshop presentations and works as a team to present to audiences requesting training in sex worker centered/client centered care, self-care, and risk management with the staple of a harm reductionist approach.
The SBC Volunteer team is advised by staff members, Kalash KaFae, Community Engagement Manager, and Anita O’Shea, Executive Assistant of St James Infirmary.
Request a Speaker at: