Part Time Administrative Assistant
The St. James Infirmary is a peer-based occupational health and safety clinic for Sex Industry workers and their current partners.
We are looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant for the clinic. This position requires a strong ability to multi-task, be detail oriented and to interface with people from all walks of life in a professional manner. Administrative hours are fairly flexible, but are generally during the weekdays, during non-clinic hours. Must be able to work some evenings and/or weekends for staff meetings and trainings. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and familiar with FileMakerPro. We will be testing on these skills.
To apply, please follow the directions below:
Submit a brief cover letter, volunteer application and CV or Resume that includes your experience working within the Sex Industry, working with the community and past experience in administrative work. Go to our website to download and complete* a volunteer application: www.stjamesinfirmary.org/howyoucanhelp.htm#volunteer
*If you have already submitted a volunteer application with the clinic, please just let us know in the cover letter.
HARD COPY ONLY
Mail or Fax: CV/Resume and volunteer application to: Attention Executive Director, St. James Infirmary 1372 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, or FAX: 415.554.8444.
NO EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
The deadline to apply is February 28th, 2011
(15 hours per week @$16.00)
Supervisor: Executive Director & Programs Director
Human Resources Coordination Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain staff database, and oversee completion of all paperwork for newly hired staff and volunteers.
- Maintain all staff files and ensure all job descriptions and paperwork are up to date.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining submitted volunteer applications, and assist with volunteer orientation and placement activities.
- Maintain email accounts. Ensure that all new staff and volunteers are invited and members of our all staff email groups.
- Check agency email on a daily basis.
- Organize and update all staff phone list in excel and on email groups page
- Organize and maintain all data related to community resource listings and materials.
- Maintain monthly schedules for clinic-based activities, and notify active staff and Program Coordinators of schedules at least one week before the beginning of each month.
- Prepare payroll paperwork and submit to Executive Director by the 11th and 26th of each month. Assist the ED with processing timesheets to the CFO
- Maintain current information for employee and labor related rights issues on billboard.
- Liaison to San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH) and community partners, as needed or requested.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with development and implementation of office and organizational protocols.
- Assist with developing administrative and participant tracking forms.
- Assist with development and fundraising activities as needed (posting event notices, organizing merchandise sales and supplies, correspondence, etc.).
- Work with the Directors and Program Coordinators to create databases and ensure effective evaluation activities.
- Assist with coordination of counseling and testing paperwork and quality assurance activities as needed; provide assistance with dropping off specimens to SFDPH lab and picking up results as needed.
- Assist with data collection and produce monthly reports/invoices for SFDPH.
- Assist with staff training and coordination (administrative/data entry projects only).
- Attend staff meetings, supervision sessions, planning meetings, and agency support meetings as scheduled.
- Take minutes of staff meetings and/or trainings and distribute via e-mail.
- Order and organize office and kitchen supplies.
- Process and maintain all vendor invoices for payments.
- Schedule and receive packages and vendor deliveries.
- Coordinate all facility issues and repairs with our landlord.
- Ensure that the All Staff office is clean and presentable at all times.
General Office Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones during business hours.
- Check phone messages and put all messages into appropriate staff in-boxes; Call back individuals who request general information (SJI hours, services, location, etc.). Refer all other questions to appropriate staff (medical care, counseling, development, media, etc.).
- Check incoming mail and put into appropriate staff in-boxes. Open all general mail and put into appropriate boxes.
- Mail/fax and/or drop off fliers, resource guides, volunteer applications, etc. to individuals and/or agencies that make request via mail or phone.
- Stock condom bins and make sure that all medical & harm reduction materials and fliers are stocked.
- Stock forms and supplies in exam rooms, and file all chart materials in the “to be filed” bin.
- Greet new participants at weekly clinics, during office hours, and/or at community forums.
- Document all information collected during contacts with participants onto required SJI and SFDPH forms.
Skills and Qualifications:
- General office and administrative experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility with schedule and activities
- Organized and able to handle a multi task environment
- Microsoft Word, Excel, FileMakerPro and other computer skills are mandatory
- Able work on Windows and Macintosh operating systems
- Experience in or knowledge of the sex industry and occupational health and safety issues affecting Sex Workers
- Experience working with people who use substances, including injection drugs
- Cultural sensitivity and willingness to work with people of different ethnic backgrounds, sexual identity and orientations, and people living with HIV/AIDS
- Willingness and proven ability to work cooperatively with other colleagues and community members