Who We Serve
Sex Workers (current or former) of all genders and sexual orientations, their current partner(s), and their children (Medical Services for Adolescent and above only) who live and work within the San Francisco Bay Area are eligible for free healthcare and social services. We also serve sex workers who are visiting the area. Our community members are:
• Street and Survival Sex Workers,
• Escorts and Personal Companions,
• Massage and Body Work Providers,
• BDSM workers: Pro-Dommes, Subs, and Switches,
• Adult Film Actors; Porn Models/Performers; Nude Models,
• Sexological Bodyworkers and Surrogates,
• Exotic Dancers; Strippers; and Peep Show Workers,
• Phone Sex Operators and WebCam Performers,
• And many other Sex Workers and Adult Entertainers!
The St. James Infirmary is a clinic for Sex Workers run by Sex Workers. Most of our providers have a personal history with the industry and also receive care at our clinic. Just as we will protect your confidentiality and privacy so to do we respect the confidentiality of our providers. We do not “out” which providers are current or former Sex Workers or “friends of Sex Workers.” We let each other decide when and where it is appropriate to self disclose our personal history as a Sex Worker.